M2Eclipse Support for NMaven?

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Shane,

Does M2Eclipse provide support for NMaven?  Does NMaven have a separate Eclipse plugin?  I've recently purchased a MAC, which I love, and I'd like to use it for .NET development among other things.  After a few hours of Internet searches, I'm coming to the conclusion that this may be a tall order.  I think an NMaven/Eclipse combination could provide a powerful, relatively painless solution to .NET development on a MAC.  I found an Eclipse plugin that supports C# development done by Improve, but the release date is four years old, so I'm uncertain as to it's utility or relevance.  Do you have any insight into existing products or plans for future products related to my development needs?

Alex
Coordinator
Dec 29, 2008 at 7:13 AM
Hi Alex,

I'm also working on a Mac. I'm using MonoDevelop. It's not as powerful as Visual Studio, but it does the job.

Shane
Dec 29, 2008 at 5:28 PM
Shane,

I'll have a look at MonoDevelop again.  I played around with it briefly when I first purchased the MAC, but I hoped I could just leverage Eclipse to avoid the "new IDE" learning curve.  I was a big fan of SharpDevelop, which appears to have evolved into MonoDevelop, so maybe the curve isn't so steep. 

Do you think NMaven/Eclipse integration would be a worthwhile endeavor?  I don't know if the M2Eclipse plugin is itself pluggable, but I'd be willing to devote time and effort to it if you feel the juice might be worth the squeeze.

Alex
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2009 at 4:23 AM
SharpDevelop is pretty good but it doesn't work on the Mac. I would be awesome if you could get NMaven working with M2Eclipse. I recently moved over to Eclipse, after using IDEA for quite some time.
Jan 10, 2009 at 2:19 AM
Shane,

I'll have a look at the plugin.  If it's a manageable task, I'll hook in NMaven functionality with an extension plugin.

Alex
Jan 20, 2009 at 2:01 AM
Are the NMaven archetypes located in a remote repository, or only the local repo?  If remote, what's the url?
Jan 20, 2009 at 2:02 AM
Are the NMaven archetypes located in a remote repository, or only the local repo?  If remote, what's the url?
Nov 2, 2009 at 6:55 AM

I'd also be interested to know what repositories to add to my .m2/settings.xml file or m2eclipse repository tab in order to download the nmaven JARs.